Saturday, April 29, 2017

“Primitive Garage Gallery – Day One” by Richard F. Yates



I’ve been thinking about turning our covered carport, which we don’t park in, into a “gallery” space for quite a while. In fact, I put three pieces up about a year ago and left them out to see if they would survive the somewhat DAMP weather we have here in southern Washington State. (They looked fine to me---maybe a bit “aged,” but not much more than any of the pieces that we have stored IN the garage.) So today was the day. Time to get started…

First Project---And then there was…



Every new SPACE needs a Blood Sacrifice to set it off in the proper direction. Thanks to a particularly stabby bit of debris, we got that part out of the way quickly.


Got some tools, a bunch of artwork to choose from, a bunch of hanging hooks, some tunes, and a water bottle. Ready to rock.




This window looks like it will need some SPECIAL ATTENTION at a later date!


Twisted a hook into a 2x4 to hang my mini-speaker from. The speaker is fed a steady stream of tunes via ELECTRONIC MAGIC from the miniature jukebox in my pocket.


I’ll probably put some stuffed animals into these hanging planters… You know---BECAUSE…


These are a few of the pieces that used to hang in a gallery in Olympia, Washington. (These are, obviously, some of the pieces that DIDN’T sell! Believe it or not, several DID!)



So far, this piece has been my only attempt at TEXTILE ART…


Eleven ARTS (in “Dollar Store” frames!) hung in the section by the corner---plus the five around the door and the one latch-hook monster = SEVENTEEN pieces up and ready for viewing!



It’s never a good idea to work TOO hard, so I’m calling it a day. Not a bad start, in my opinion… Any of you humans have any thoughts or suggestions??? Let me know in the comments! Thanks!


---Richard F. Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment